180814 When you quit smoking, good things happen to your body
When you quit smoking, good things happen to your body
- Your blood pressure and heart rate begin to lower after 20 minutes of no smoking.
- The carbon monoxide levels in your blood returns to normal after 12 hours of non-smoking.
- Your risk of heart attack decreases after 24 hours smoke-free.
- Your circulation will improve after 2 to 12 weeks of being smoke-free.
- One year after of no smoking, your risk of heart attack is half of what a smokers is.
- Your risk of a stroke, after five years, is the same as a non-smoker.
- Fifteen years after no smoking, the risk of you developing coronary heart disease is at the same level as a non-smoker.